On June 06, 2009, the group that formed in the wake of the Martin County Tax Day Tea Party held on April 15 met for the third time and formed a continuing committee to be known as, the Martin 9/12 TeaParty Committee, or M9/12TC. The members of this Committee expressed their wish to continue their successful affiliation with the Treasure Coast Conservatives, Treasure Coast Tea Parties (and their websites), and the TEA Party PATRIOTS. The group later abbreviated the name to Martin 9/12 Committee after the "tea party" brand started to lose its luster and become a target of ridicule by the left. Tea Party principles live on as incorporated into the 9/12 Values and Principles.
The Committee’s goals are expressed as:
- Advance and support the fundamental values expressed in the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights.
- Identify and support congressional and senatorial candidates who unequivocally support federal and state sovereignty, limited government, lower taxes, and balanced budgets, through proven and sound economic means. Candidates will be favored who express their repudiation of socialism, “sustainable development,” and one-world-government schemes.
- Promote and support initiatives that strengthen our national sovereignty, including enforcement of immigrations laws and policies that enhance national security. This includes only government enterprises, agencies and activities which have been properly authorized by the Congress of the United States in conformance and in furtherance of the Constitution of the United States.
- Promote and support initiatives that work toward a streamlined and simplified tax code with fairness and individual liberty as the ultimate goal.
- Raise awareness of threats to our freedom which appear in the form of magnanimous national (or international) government programs.
- Encourage conservative political activism on the Treasure Coast.
The Committee plans to engage in discussion meetings and in public information forums, drawing on an extensive list of concerned citizens who have volunteered to write, FAX and call government offices and candidates to office when the need arises. Attendance at public demonstrations similar to the TeaParty events will be planned and organized.
The Committee is advising its members to urge the Florida Republican Party to adopt a Florida State Republican Party Platform, as extolled at www.platformyes.com . Members need only link to that site and sign up for the petition to be presented to the Republican Party of Florida.
Call Jim McGovern at
Interested parties should write Chairman Cindy Lucas at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jim at 772-245-0624. Alternate contacts are Jim McGovern email@example.com or Shona Darress firstname.lastname@example.org .
for the Committee: Cindy Lucas
9 Principles, 12 Values
The 9 Principles1. America Is Good.2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.Honesty “I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider to be the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.” George Washington4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.Marriage/Family “It is in the love of one’s family only that heartfelt happiness is known. By a law of our nature, we cannot be happy without the endearing connections of a family.” Thomas Jefferson5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.Justice “I deem one of the essential principles of our government… equal and exact justice to all men of whatever state or persuasion, religious or political.” Thomas Jefferson6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.Life, Liberty, & The Pursuit of Happiness “Everyone has a natural right to choose that vocation in life which he thinks most likely to give him comfortable subsistence.” Thomas Jefferson7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.Charity “It is not everyone who asketh that deserveth charity; all however, are worth of the inquiry or the deserving may suffer.” George Washington8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.On your right to disagree “In a free and republican government, you cannot restrain the voice of the multitude; every man will speak as he thinks, or more properly without thinking.” George Washington9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.Who works for whom? “I consider the people who constitute a society or a nation as the source of all authority in that nation.” Thomas Jefferson
The 12 Values* Honesty* Reverence* Hope* Thrift* Humility* Charity* Sincerity* Moderation* Hard Work* Courage* Personal Responsibility* Gratitude