July 17, 2014 By Katie - According to financial documents filed with the Federal Election Commission by pro-Thad Cochran super PAC “All Citizens for Mississippi,” attack ads directed at Mississippi State Senator Chris McDaniel that painted conservative Republicans and tea party activists as racists were directly funded by seven GOP senators, including Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. In total, the Shady Seven gave $160,000 to the anti-conservative cause:
- Mitch McConnell (R-KY) — $50,000
- Bob Corker (R-TN) — $30,000
- Rob Portman (R-OH) — $25,000
- Orrin Hatch (R-UT) — $25,000
- Richard Burr (R-NC) — $20,000
- Roy Blunt (R-MO) — $5,000
- Mike Crapo (R-ID) — $5,000
But wait — it gets even better. All Citizens for Mississippi then gave a similar amount to a liberal group to run racial attacks against McDaniel. These ads claimed that a McDaniel win would be a loss “for race relations between blacks and whites” and suggested McDaniel would reverse civil rights. Additionally, the PAC paid for fliers to hand out to black citizens proclaiming, “The Tea Party Intends to Prevent You From Voting,” and gave thousands of dollars to Democratic activists to go out and canvas votes for Cochran.
The Shady Seven do not have the best interests of America in mind; they clearly would risk losing a Senate majority so long as it meant their own would be re-elected. Every red-blooded American should call and write these seven senators and let them know that their deplorable actions will not be tolerated!
- See more (with comments) at: http://americanlibertypac.com/2014/07/the-shady-seven-gop-senators-paid-for-attack-ads-against-conservative-chris-mcdaniel/?utm_campaign=1565210&utm_content=9845432465&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Emailvision#sthash.TeMjs6iF.dpuf